On Thursday evening Nathan had his fall baseball party to end the season and turn in his shirt. As soon as he got home from school I asked him if his shirt was clean so that we'd have time to wash it before we went to the party. He said it was and I asked him to get it and put it on the kitchen table so we wouldn't forget it.
After a while I made it back to the kitchen and noticed the shirt on the table with all the wrinkles to suggest it had been pulled out of his dirty clothes. So I picked it up to do the smell test and before it got anywhere near my nose I could smell Lysol - it smelled like it had been soaked in Lysol.
I asked Nathan if he had Lysol'd his shirt because it was in the dirty clothes and he assured me that no, he hadn't lysol'd the shirt, just his closet which wasn't smelling so fresh. Yeah right! Nathan notice that his room wasn't smelling so fresh? He can't even notice when he needs a shower.
Apparently he thought I'd buy this story. After some more prodding the truth came out. He had decided that instead of washing it a good dose of Lysol would do the trick. Lucky for him we still had time to wash the shirt. Although I was steaming mad at the end of this Bryan thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever heard.
I hope you all enjoy a laugh too.
I gotta admit, I'm laughing out loud. But I can also admit that if it was my son, I would probably be mad!
ReplyDelete