
We celebrated Olivia's 4th birthday and I made her a Barbie cake - the one where you stick the doll in the "skirt" cake and decorate with frosting. I thought it turned out great but when she saw that I used her Cinderella Barbie, which was now covered in frosting she burst into tears and walked to her room with a monologue of her sorrows. "Now I don't have a Cinderella Barbie. We are going to eat my Barbie. I don't want a princess cake with my Cinderella Barbie..." you get the idea. Bryan finally calmed her down and then all during dinner she asked me why I had used her Barbie. We finally said, "no more questions Olivia." All was better once we took her out of the cake and Olivia had a bath with her to clean her off. She has asked me not to make any more cakes with her Barbies. I am happy to oblige.
Olivia, I love your birthday pictures. Dora is bigger than you are. I'm happy to hear that Cinderella survived her frosting decor. It looks and sounds like a great birthday. Thank you for sharing it with us. Grandma Sheryn
ReplyDelete